Acidity in the whole body is a major cause of hormonal imbalance. pH is the measure of acidity or alkalinity of a substance. Our body continually strives to maintain a neutral pH balance. When our body becomes acidic, minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, and calcium may be stolen from our vital organs and bones to combat or buffer the acid. If these mineral losses and metabolic abnormalities continue, we increase our risk for a number of conditions including:
• Obesity – slow metabolism and inability to lose weight
• Chronic inflammation
• High blood pressure
• Weight gain, obesity, and diabetes
• Bladder and kidney conditions, including kidney stone,
• Weakened immunity
• Premature aging
• Osteoporosis; weak, brittle bones, fractures and bone spurs
• Joint pain, aching muscles, and lactic acid build up
• Low energy and chronic fatigue
• Mood swings
• Slow digestion and elimination
• Yeast/fungal overgrowth
These problems are not surprising since excess acid also interferes with our hormones. No matter what type of treatment you choose to treat your condition, resolutions will not come until your pH balance is restored.
There are also a number of elements that are toxic to, the human body, interfere with its functioning and undermine health—such as mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum, and arsenic. These toxic metals have no known physiological functions. They can be toxic to organ systems and hormones may disrupt the balance of essential nutrients. Just like your pH affects your whole physiology so do heavy metals.