We begin the process of restoring the foundation of your health and hormonal balance using the philosophies of The Hormone Diet and The Supercharged Hormone Diet, and by tackling the five most common hormonal imbalances that disrupt our health and aging:
- Excess insulin
- Excess cortisol
- Excess harmful estrogen
- Chronic inflammation (not a hormone but it impacts all our hormones)
- Low/sluggish thyroid activity (hypothyroidism)
Why these five imbalances?
Although insulin plays an essential role in healthy body function, an excess of it will certainly make you fat, hungry and constantly experiencing cravings. Too much insulin not only encourages your body to store unused glucose as fat, but it also blocks the use of stored fat as an energy source. For these reasons, an abnormally high insulin level makes losing fat, especially around the abdomen, next to impossible. Similarly, an imbalance of cortisol can become extremely destructive to your metabolism, body composition and wellness – it disrupts sleep, suppresses the thyroid and causes belly fat, even if you are otherwise thin. Chronic inflammation has recently become recognized as the root cause of obesity and unhealthy aging, often leading to digestive disorders, allergies, autoimmune disease, arthritis, asthma, eczema, acne, abdominal fat, headaches, depression and sinus disorders. Toxic estrogen either from the environment or internally produced by our body is now recognized as a primary cause of obesity and cancer in both men and women. Lastly, an imbalance of any one of these will impede thyroid hormone activity – the master of your metabolic rate, energy, cholesterol balance, weight loss, digestion, fertility and healthy skin, hair and nails.
In Clear Medicine Naturopathic Wellness Clinic, in Toronto, you will address the major causes of hormone imbalance, including:
- Poor digestion and liver function (thyroid hormones activate here)
- Sleep deprivation and stress (both cause high cortisol, which suppresses thyroid)
- Food sensitivities (gluten and other allergens cause thyroid hormone disruption)
- Excess toxic estrogen – a factor for men (any male with belly fat) and women (with PMS, bloating, excess body fat)
- Blood sugar and insulin imbalance
- Nutrient deficiencies (vitamin D3, iodine, etc.)
- Body pH Imbalance (an acidic pH influences how your hormones work)
- The wrong workout (Did you know the wrong workout can suppress your thyroid hormone and increase cortisol for 24 hours after your workout session? This is not the optimal desired effect you are looking for from your exercise efforts!)
Our treatment approach has helped thousands of patients optimize their hormones, improve their body composition and restore total health.
Overview of Our Five Week Hormone Diet/Wellness Program
5-Week Clear Medicine Wellness Program Includes:
- Week 1: Initial appointment with a Board-Certified Naturopathic Doctor that includes:
- Complete case history and case assessment
- Physical exam (body composition testing by medical grade bio-impedance machine)
- Personalized dietary prescription for hormonally balanced detox diet and wellness program from a dietary, supplement and testing perspective
- Optional: You can receive a requisition at the conclusion of this appointment for extensive blood and urine testing. This is highly recommended. The testing includes assessments of all thyroid markers, vitamins, minerals, blood sugar and insulin, inflammation, liver and kidney function as well as a test to identify harmful bacterial imbalance in the gut.
- Week 2: Meeting with Holistic Nutritionist to implement the 5-week detox and wellness diet determined by your ND
- Week 3: Follow-up with your ND to assess current status, address questions and ensure progress week-over-week. Blood work review if the testing has been done.
- Week 4: Meeting with Holistic Nutritionist to explain the steps in coming off the detox and the identification of food allergies/sensitivities. You will also learn the essentials of Hormone Diet grocery shopping and label reading in this session.
- Week 5: Extensive follow with your ND including:
- Case re-evaluation and follow-up
- Explanation of the Hormone Boost Diet for continued fat loss
- Repeat of initial physical exam markers (body composition testing by medical grade bio-impedance machine)
- Recommendations for progress on-going (typically we recommend follow-up once a season, or every three months).
Please contact us for the cost of the program. If you have extended health benefits then part of this program maybe able to be reimbursed. We always recommend checking with your provider to see what your coverage is.
Program Package Contents: 5-week wellness program materials including pH papers, wellness tracker, Hormone Diet Book, and workbook for 5-week program action steps.
Additional costs (not included in the program):
- All supplements and meal replacements (prescribed on an individual basis and costs will vary)
- Blood and urine testing: Specialized panel of blood and urine tests outlined in The Hormone Diet book available only through Clear Medicine Clinic. This is optional for the program. Should you wish to complete the testing, you will be provided with a requisition form during your first or second naturopathic appointment. The cost is $339 for the blood and urine testing, which may or may not be covered by certain insurance plans. Check your coverage.
In Clear Medicine Naturopathic Wellness you will master all of the aspects of a hormonally balanced lifestyle, based on Naturopathic Doctor Natasha Turner original release and top-selling book, The Hormone Diet:
OR our very popular Clear Medicine Group Programs.