Clear Explant was created while our ND team partnered with a plastic surgeon, renowned Dr. Sean Rice MD, while after we discovered so many patients were suffering from “Breast Implant Illness”. There is a cohort of women who pursue explant surgery due to specific signs and symptoms that arise after breast implantation. Described as “Breast Implant Illness”, it is characterized by a constellation of signs and symptoms possibly linked to an immunological and inflammatory response to the implants, typically one to seven years after implantation.
The early symptoms of breast implant illness include:
- Chronic pain
- Body odor
- Irregular heart rate
- Neurologic abnormalities
- Hair loss
- Endocrine dysfunction (hormone imbalances)
- Digestive issues
- Memory loss and brain fog
- Adrenal imbalances
- Thyroid dysfunction
On its website, the National Institutes of Health
(NIH) stresses “The longer you have breast implants, the more likely it is
that complications will occur, and you will need to have them removed”.
On average, implants last 10 to 15 years before the risk of
possible rupture heightens considerably. Certain implant breakage or leakage,
such as with silicone implants, can lead to a late capsular contracture, or a
buildup of scar tissue, resulting in a more difficult implant exchange.
In the long term, breast implants can also be linked to:
- Various types of autoimmune diseases including:
- Lymphoma: The World Health Organization and the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration have identified a possible cause for
concern relating breast implants to a rare cancer called breast
implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). However, it
does appear that textured implants are associated with more cases of BIA-ALCL
than smooth implants. Half of all reported cases of BIA-ALCL are reported
within 7 to 8 years of the insertion of breast implants.
- Raynaud’s Syndrome
- Diabetes Type II
The Clear Explant Program
- Three appointments with a board certified naturopathic doctor, pre- and post- explant examination and specialized testing. You will also receive a personalized plan focused on the restoration of your hormonal, digestive, immune, adrenal and thyroid balance.
- More specifically ND appointments are:
- Pre-surgical initial appointment, determination of necessary tests, prescription of Clear Medicine nutrients and supplements for immune imbalance repair and healing after surgery. You will also receive a dietary plan that is hypo-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, hormonally balanced and supportive for anti-fungal treatment, based on Natasha’s bestselling books from the The Hormone Diet series as well as a personalized supplement protocol.
- Appointment for follow-up discussion of all blood and urine testing, which may be completed on the phone or in person
- Post-surgical follow-up appointment six to eight weeks post-surgery
- Our specialized ND testing in the Clear Explant program includes:
- Blood – for thyroid function, immune balance, inflammatory markers, diabetes markers and tests to establish vitamin and mineral levels and liver, heart and kidney function.
- Urine – for the presence of gut microbiome imbalance
- Body Composition Testing – by medical grade bioimpedance machine, which measures fat mass, muscle mass, hydration and intra- and extra-cellular water balance (indication of proper electrolyte balance) – only when allowed in person visits again as per provincial COVID guidelines
- In-office adrenal stress and function testing – only when allowed in person visits again as per provincial COVID guidelines
- Optional testing as ND program add-on:
- Specialized functional medicine testing for presence of mold
- IgG food allergy testing (blood)
- Supplements and medical foods comprised in your personalized prescription for pre-operative and post-operative healing, imbalances diagnosed on the testing and prevention of post-surgical infection and inflammation. See some of the options here.
We do not do the explant surgery here at Clear Medicine but can definitely refer you to Dr. Sean Rice MD.