ENERGY BOOSTING FALL SALAD
This festive fall salad is full of energy-boosting and hormone balancing ingredients that will keep you full and satisfied. Make it for dinner and have leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 1 cup uncooked tri-color quinoa
- 2 oz. crumbed goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 cup cubed and roasted squash
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cups red onion, cut into 1/2? cubes
- 2 cups baby kale or spinach, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (raw or roasted)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinaigrette for dressing
- In a medium-sized saucepan bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Rinse and drain the quinoa then add it to the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let the quinoa cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the cider vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa, roasted squash, apple, red onion, baby kale or spinach, fresh pomegranate seeds, almonds, and pepitas.
- Mix in the desired amount of cider vinaigrette and season with Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
- Top with crumbed goat or feta cheese.
Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey, as needed for sweetness
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in glass mason jar, then seal the lid and shake until the honey dissolves and the ingredients are well combined. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary. For best flavor, allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week and shake well before serving each time.
More Blog Posts
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers