TOP TEN BENEFITS OF MARINE COLLAGEN
Did you know that our bodies’ ability to produce new collagen declines, and existing collagen begins to break down, as we age? The loss of collagen effects skin, joints and bones and may also lead to increased digestive problems, weakened immune systems and increased risk of chronic illness. Good news! Science has shown that collagen supplementation can protect against and reverse these effects. Marine collagen, which is a type 1 collagen, is made of collagen peptides derived from fish and has the most efficient absorption of all collagen types. Marine collagen is anti-aging, environmentally friendly and sustainable, as it uses parts of the fish that are normally thrown away.
Here is the collagen top 10:
1. Builds bone strength. Studies have shown that marine collagen peptides help the absorption of calcium and other minerals that are essential for bone strength.
2. Improves skin, hair and nails. Increasing type 1 collagen levels can help your skin look firmer, increase smoothness and help your skin cells keep renewing and repairing normally. Clinical trials have shown that patients who supplement with marine collagen
have a decrease in wrinkles and improved skin hydration and firmness. Think of it as an anti-aging wonder powder!
3. Stabilizes blood sugar. A 2016 study by the Alberta Diabetes Institute found consistently low levels of circulating glycine among people with type 2 diabetes. Thus, supplementing with marine collagen, which contains high amounts of glycine, may help balance blood sugar levels, which is especially important for diabetics.
4. Boosts metabolism. A boost in collagen may help improve metabolism by adding lean muscle mass to your frame and helping with the conversion of essential nutrients.
5. Improves wound healing and reduces scars. Supplementing with marine collagen can lead to faster and more complete healing of wounds. As the main component of the dermal matrix of the skin, collagen is necessary for skin to regenerate after any skin injury or deformation, such as scars, rashes and burns.
6. Reduces inflammation and helps with joint pain. With its gel-like, smooth structure that covers and holds our bones together, collagen allows us to glide and move without pain. It’s been shown to help your joints move more easily, reduce pain often associated with aging and even reduce the risk of joint deterioration.
7. Promotes brain health. Glycine makes up roughly 20 percent of the amino acids in collagen. It can help to improve sleep and has inhibitory functions that take action against excessive excitation in the brain. This allows your mind to calm down and focus.
8. Boosts thyroid hormones. Collagen can help boost your thyroid hormone levels by simply balancing the other proteins in your body. Collagen helps to boost your liver’s ability to convert thyroid hormone into active T3 thyroid hormone by lowering cortisol levels in your blood.
9. Has antibacterial effects. Recent research has discovered that peptide fragments contained within marine collagen have antibacterial properties. Specifically, collagencin, a peptide derived from collagen, has been found to inhibit the growth of infection and disease-causing bacteria.
10. Is a superior protein source for weight management. Collagen is a pure protein source that does not contain any carbs, sugar or fat. Daily intake of marine collagen may help to suppress appetite by keeping you feeling full longer and thus helping to promote weight loss.
Marine Collagen can be mixed with water or added to your favourite smoothie or shake. Choose from flavoured or unflavoured. Pick up some today. It is a bestseller at our Wellness Boutique.
More Blog Posts
The Five Foundation Nutrients Everyone Needs For Nutritional Support
Yoga: Your Body Will Love You For it With Your Weight Training
Create Your Natural Sleep Prescription